Chassis Plans – an industry leader in the field of designing, manufacturing and integrating industrialized computer systems for government, commercial and industrial entities – is currently looking for:
Chassis Plans, a manufacture of ruggedized computers and LCD displays for the military and industrial market space is looking for a skilled and experienced Technical Writer/Illustrator to join their team. This individual will be responsible to write, edit, and update technical materials such as product information manuals, manufacturing instructions, field installation instructions, and customer operation and maintenance instructions.
- Develop, format and organize material and complete writing assignment according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Maintain records and files of work and revisions.
- Edit, standardize, or make changes to material prepared by other writers or establishment personnel.
- Confer with customer representatives, vendors, plant executives, or publisher to establish technical specifications and to determine subject material to be developed for publication.
- Review published materials and recommend revisions or changes in scope, format, content, and methods of reproduction and binding.
- Select photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts to illustrate material.
- Study drawings, specifications, mockups, and product samples to integrate and delineate technology, operating procedure, and production sequence and detail.
- Interview production and engineering personnel and read journals and other material to become familiar with product technologies and production methods.
- Observe production, developmental, and experimental activities to determine operating procedure and detail.
- Analyze developments in specific field to determine need for revisions in previously published materials and development of new material.
- Review manufacturer’s and trade catalogs, drawings and other data relative to operation, maintenance, and service of equipment.
- Draw sketches to illustrate specified materials or assembly sequence.
- Will work cross functionally with Engineering, Manufacturing, Installation and Design.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technical Illustration/Writing
- Proficient with SolidWorks, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Visio and Project.
- Previous experience within an industrial/military environment and collaborating with engineers
- Experience writing/drafting 150+ page documents and user manuals, including graphics