Chassis Plans – an industry leader in the field of designing, manufacturing and integrating industrialized computer systems for government, commercial and industrial entities – is looking for a Regional Sales Engineer to support our team.
Please send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Regional Sales Engineer – Job Description
Experienced sales engineer with a background in selling technology solutions to the military and industrial markets. A Self-motivated individual who can develop business from the ground up with the assistance of internal sales engineers and external sales representatives. Individual must have consultative sales approach experience and be able to take the customers’ requirements and specifications and create a technical and cost effective solution that meets 100% of the customer’s requirements.
Reports to / Supervision Received:
Manager: VP of Sales
Direct Supervisor: VP of Sales
Indirect Reporting Relationship: Not Applicable
- Directly manage major client accounts as assigned by the VP of Sales.
- Develop sales plans to increase sales and introduce new products in assigned strategic accounts.
- Initiate sales campaigns and follow marketing plan guidelines in order to meet sales expectations.
- Contact new and existing customers to discuss their needs, and to explain how these needs could be met by specific products and services.
- Develop, present, or respond to proposals for specific customer requirements, including request for proposal responses and industry-specific solutions.
- Select the correct products or assist customers in making product selections, based on customers’ needs, product specifications, and applicable regulations.
- Prepare sales presentations and proposals that explain product specifications and applications.
- Obtain blueprints and specifications for use by engineering departments in bid preparations.
- Quote prices, credit terms and other bid specifications.
- Negotiate prices and terms of sales and service agreements.
- Prepare sales contracts for orders obtained, and submit orders for processing.
- Inform customers of estimated delivery schedules, service contracts, warranties, or other information pertaining to purchased products.
- Verify that materials lists are accurate and that delivery schedules meet project deadlines.
- Write technical documentation for products. Answer customers’ questions about products, prices, availability, product uses, and credit terms.
- Document account activities, generate reports, and keep records of business transactions with customers and suppliers.
- Visit prospective buyers at commercial, industrial, or other establishments to show prototypes and capabilities presentation, and to inform them about product pricing, availability, and advantages.
- Keep informed on industry news and trends, products, services, competitors, relevant information about legacy, existing, and emerging technologies, and the latest product-line developments.
- Attend trade shows and seminars to promote products or to learn about industry developments.
- Collaborate with colleagues to exchange information such as selling strategies and marketing information.
- Maintain customer records, using automated systems.
- Provide customers with ongoing technical support.
- Provide feedback to company’s product design team so that products can be tailored to clients’ needs.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience:
Minimum Education (or substitute experience) required:
- 4 year university degree with emphasis in engineering or computer science.
Minimum Experience required:
- 3-5 years of industrial computer sales experience including 2 years experience helping customers configure custom computer configurations, Experience of working with external sales representatives
- Computer or technology background
- Creating sales strategies for a regional market
- 3-5 years sales experience
- Military and industrial sales
- Product presentation experience
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Working remotely from the factory/product management
- Ability to travel 50% of the month within the region
- Create call and sales reports
- US Citizen
Regional Sales Engineer
X Exempt Non-Exempt
If you have experience and skills you believe would fit, you are encouraged to send a letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Financial Responsibility and Authority:
Has indirect responsible for safeguarding company assets and equipment.
Has no role in handling cash receipts or disbursements. Has active role in negotiating customer contracts and has responsibility for verifying accuracy of customer purchase orders and representing company’s best interests in negotiating process.
Internal and External Business Contacts:
May represent company interests to customers, vendors, employees and other external contacts. Does not contract authority to sign contracts and agreements without explicit General Manager approval in advance.
Has no direct supervisory responsibilities. May issue work instructions to Sales Administrator.
Physical Job Description
Job Title: Sales Engineer
Typical Working Conditions:
(Describe environment including exposure to heat, cold, fumes, chemicals, allergens, mold, etc.)
Works in climate controlled office environment. Some time spent in manufacturing area, which is not climate controlled. No exposure to excessive heat, excessive cold, fumes, chemicals, allergens, mold, etc.
(List all manual and automated equipment used in the course of performing essential functions.)
Uses general office equipment including phone, copier, personal computer and calculator.
Essential Physical Tasks:
(List all physical tasks encountered in performing essential functions.)
Minimal physical tasks required as a function of this job. Must have the ability to sit for extended periods.