Chassis Plans – an industry leader in the field of designing, manufacturing and integrating industrialized computer systems for government, commercial and industrial entities – is currently looking for:
Inside Sales Engineer
Chassis Plans, a manufacture of ruggedized computers and LCD displays for the military and industrial market space is looking for a skilled and experienced Technical Writer/Illustrator to join their team. This individual will be responsible to write, edit, and update technical materials such as product information manuals, manufacturing instructions, field installation instructions, and customer operation and maintenance instructions.
- Develop, format and organize material and complete writing assignment according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Maintain records and files of work and revisions.
- Edit, standardize, or make changes to material prepared by other writers or establishment personnel.
- Confer with customer representatives, vendors, plant executives, or publisher to establish technical specifications and to determine subject material to be developed for publication.
- Review published materials and recommend revisions or changes in scope, format, content, and methods of reproduction and binding.
- Select photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts to illustrate material.
- Study drawings, specifications, mockups, and product samples to integrate and delineate technology, operating procedure, and production sequence and detail.
- Interview production and engineering personnel and read journals and other material to become familiar with product technologies and production methods.
- Observe production, developmental, and experimental activities to determine operating procedure and detail.
- Analyze developments in specific field to determine need for revisions in previously published materials and development of new material.
- Review manufacturer’s and trade catalogs, drawings and other data relative to operation, maintenance, and service of equipment.
- Draw sketches to illustrate specified materials or assembly sequence.
- Will work cross functionally with Engineering, Manufacturing, Installation and Design.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technical Illustration/Writing
- Proficient with SolidWorks, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Visio and Project.
- Previous experience within an industrial/military environment and collaborating with engineers
- Experience writing/drafting 150+ page documents and user manuals, including graphics
INSIDE SALES ENGINEER
The Internal Sales Engineer will be responsible for supporting two Area Sales Engineers in the Western United States. This will include interpretation of customer’s technical specification and submitting proposals. The Internal Sales Engineer needs to have a good understanding of computer hardware and the components that are utilized within a computer and ancillary equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Driving factors in the day to day work schedule include:
- Meet the annual order intake goal as agreed for each fiscal year in partnership with the Area Sales Engineer (ASE).
- Qualify all new leads in coordination with the external Manufacturers Sales Reps (MSRs) and the Area Sales Engineer (ASE) and contact new customers within one (1) hour. If not possible, follow up with email and phone message.
- Input new notes on the CRM system in relationship to customer requirements and updates on the status of any proposals.
- Provide the interface between operations, engineering, and the ASE.
- Create quotations from the Technical Resource Documents (TRDs) that are supplied by the ASE.
- Assure that complete product information is sent to each new lead, quotation, and follow up if not previously provided.
- Promote the five (5) year warranty within each new quote.
- Input quote information and follow up notes on CRM system. Follow up information consists of customer feedback from ASE or MSR, percentage of probability rating for each quote, revision updates, and removal of older quotes.
- Provide support for MSRs for customer contact information and sales history.
- Farm the CRM database of existing customers for any new opportunities.
- Assist with the closing of all open quotes in conjunction with the ASE and MSR.
- Update projected quote closing dates in CRM to provide accurate forecasting for order intake each month.
- Update reason for win or loss on each quote.
- Input ASE and MSRs call reports on CRM.
- Provide updates during weekly and monthly sales meetings.
- Provide input into the annual sales planning process.
- Ability to learn the complex technical and financial attributes of company products
- Experience in either the military or industrial markets with hands on experience of reporting or configuring computer systems is essential
- Ability to work as an individual, as well as a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic and ambition to succeed
- High School Diploma or Equivalent