Chassis Plans – an industry leader in the field of designing, manufacturing and integrating industrialized computer systems for government, commercial and industrial entities – is currently looking for:
The Receptionist/Staff Assistant will be the first point of contact for the company and requires someone who is positive, customer focused, and represents the company with the utmost professionalism, essentially the ‘Director of First Impressions’. This position is expected to possess excellent customer service skills and maintain composure in difficult situations.
The Receptionist/Staff Assistant answers, screens, and accurately directs phone calls professionally, greets clients and visitors positively, maintains the front office in a professional and welcoming setting, and assists with various administrative duties which are to be completed accurately, delivered with high quality, and in a timely manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answers incoming calls within three rings, positively, warmly, and professionally.
- Accurately directs caller to the appropriate person, courteously and professionally.
- Takes and delivers accurate phone messages with call back numbers, names legibly written, and promptly relays messages to the proper person.
- Greets incoming clients, vendors, and visitors in a friendly and positive way.
- Maintains a neat and professional reception area, clearing up any clutter on an ongoing basis, and maintains a professional, comfortable general office atmosphere.
- Offers coffee and/or other refreshments to clients, vendors, and visitors who are waiting to visit company personnel.
- Maintains and updates the Welcome Board each day to keep announcements current as directed by the Executive Assistant.
- Performs general office/clerical duties as needed; proof reading for completeness and accuracy.
- Pick up and deliver mail daily, and assist the Executive Assistant with processing and distribution of daily office mail.
- Work with the Executive Assistant on the ordering of office and janitorial supplies. Maintaining and restocking office and kitchen supplies; keeping both in an orderly manner.
- Signs for deliveries and forwards all materials delivered to the appropriate staff member in a timely manner.
- Maintain security by following procedures and controlling access; monitor logbook, issuing visitor badges, and screening solicitors.
- Assist Executive Assistant with company functions.
- High School Diploma
- Proven working experience in similar roles
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suites
- Professional appearance
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with issues that may arise in a day-to-day fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Is not a ‘gossiper’
- Ability to organize, multitask, prioritize, and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Has a ‘Can Do’ attitude and is proactive.
- Prefer a minimum of two to three years of experience.
Chassis Plans, a manufacture of ruggedized computers and LCD displays for the military and industrial market space is looking for a skilled and experienced Technical Writer/Illustrator to join their team. This individual will be responsible to write, edit, and update technical materials such as product information manuals, manufacturing instructions, field installation instructions, and customer operation and maintenance instructions.
- Develop, format and organize material and complete writing assignment according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Maintain records and files of work and revisions.
- Edit, standardize, or make changes to material prepared by other writers or establishment personnel.
- Confer with customer representatives, vendors, plant executives, or publisher to establish technical specifications and to determine subject material to be developed for publication.
- Review published materials and recommend revisions or changes in scope, format, content, and methods of reproduction and binding.
- Select photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts to illustrate material.
- Study drawings, specifications, mockups, and product samples to integrate and delineate technology, operating procedure, and production sequence and detail.
- Interview production and engineering personnel and read journals and other material to become familiar with product technologies and production methods.
- Observe production, developmental, and experimental activities to determine operating procedure and detail.
- Analyze developments in specific field to determine need for revisions in previously published materials and development of new material.
- Review manufacturer’s and trade catalogs, drawings and other data relative to operation, maintenance, and service of equipment.
- Draw sketches to illustrate specified materials or assembly sequence.
- Will work cross functionally with Engineering, Manufacturing, Installation and Design.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technical Illustration/Writing
- Proficient with SolidWorks, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Visio and Project.
- Previous experience within an industrial/military environment and collaborating with engineers
- Experience writing/drafting 150+ page documents and user manuals, including graphics