INDUSTRIAL COMPUTER WHITE PAPERS AND USER INFORMATION
This section provides general information, application notes, personal opinion and essays relating to industrial computers. No section is intended to represent exhaustive research, but to simply answer first and second level questions clients might have. There are several misconceptions and falsehoods relating to industrial computers the following sections should help clarify.
- Sheet Metal - Chassis are made with sheet metal. How is this stuff manufactured?
- Shock and Vibration - Don't shock mount your drives!! Here's why.
- RAID - Discussion of various RAID terms and technologies
- Cooling and Noise - Fans, air flow, noise and heat dissipation.
- Certification - CE, UL, FCC and NEBSCompliance Information
- NEMA Rating - General Information on NEMA Standards
- NEBS Compliant - General Info on NEBS Compliance
- Rack Slide Installation - The ins and outs of how to install and use slides in a rack
- Chassis Plans vs Standard Off The Shelf - The difference between Industrial computers and office computers.